We’re seeing more and more requests from clients who would like to upgrade their conservatories.
Many of them are between 20 and 30 years old and consist of a uPVC framed glazed structure. Whilst these were a very popular way to extend a home, they are clearly unable to retain heat in the Winter and become very warm and bright in the Summer.
A current trend is to upgrade old conservatories into ‘Sun Rooms’ by replacing the original structure with a fully insulated roof, insulated floor and insulated walls to meet the current building regulations. This allows the room to become thermally efficient allowing comfortable use all year around.
By adding a lantern roof-light within the flat roof structure, the natural light gained from a conservatory can be maintained with the option for further ventilation.
The benefits include:
- The room becomes thermally efficient
- Comfortable use of the room all year around because the temperature is stabilised
- Heating bills may be reduced
- Future proofing the building
- Lantern roof-lights can maintain the light achieved by the original conservatory and add additional ventilation.