We were appointed to design a contrasting extension to the front of this traditional two-storey granite house.
Key aspects of the project included:
- Careful consideration through the planning stage to ensure a successful application that has allowed our client to enjoy significantly improved living spaces.
- Designed with an angular area adjacent to the boundary to maximise the extended area and provided a quirky space for dining.
- Large openings to the front/south elevation flood natural light into the new kitchen and dining spaces.
- From back to front, openings have been lined to link the internal spaces with a newly formed terrace creating a fine area for entertaining.
- External clad in larch horizontal boarding will slowly weather grey allowing a softer colour combination with the existing granite dwelling.
A neatly finished addition to a beautiful traditional dwelling.
- Category: Extensions
- Value: N/A
- Completed: May 2019